Reply To: ESA(IR) or ESA(Cont)

Peter Barker

Unless there are leasehold service charges and/or an Incapacity Benefit transitional amount, it is usually possible to sanity-check your interpretation of the Searchlight breakdown by working out for yourself how much ESA(ir) they ought to be getting, if any – the applicable amount is pretty simple, it can only include the personal allowance, components, EDP and SDP. Income and capital mostly follow the same rules as HB.