Reply To: Support provider is the agent for a private landlord

Peter Barker

Exempt/specified accommodation needs to be “provided by” a non-profit body and the case law on this nis clear – the accommodation is provided by the person/body who has standing to bring possession proceedings and to whom possession will revert when the tenancy ends. That is the owner signing the T/A as landlord, and not the agent.