Reply To: Supported Accommodation when support stops

Peter Barker

If you want to restrict a registered HA rent you only have one option which is to refer to the RO for a Local Reference Rent.

Also, a couple of points that are relevant if he is working age:-

First, unless the claimant has personal exemption from the benefit cap through PIP etc, if the accommodation has ceased to be specified accommodation he is no longer exempt from the cap and that would probably take care of the issue without an LRR.

Second, HB can only continue if the claimant is not getting UC for living costs – if he is on UC, HB must terminate.