Reply To: Is Person From Abroad entitled?

Peter Barker

As I understand it, the share code verification option is available to people who have leave or a pending application under the EUSS scheme, and others who used the UK immigration ID check app in the course of their visa application, which involves creating an online account with the immigration service. This person probably belongs to the second group, because the status you are describing doesn’t sound like EUSS.

The system offers three options for wanting a share code: right to work, right to rent and other. There isn’t one that specifically says “right to claim benefits”: what the person has to do is generate the code using the “other” option and let you pick the bones out of what you then see. What you should see is whether the leave is limited or indefinite, and if it is limited whether it has an NRPF condition. That is normally all you need to know.