Reply To: Liability to Pay Rent HB or UC Housing Costs

John Smith

Could anyone point me to the regulations dealing with when a gap in HB triggers a move to UC? We have a situation with a mutual exchange where the claimant moved two days’ early. So claimant not liable for rent at the new property for the first two days of living there, but if they remained liable for rent at their previous address for those two days and we could pay that as a notice period, then my view is that there would be no gap in HB and no need to claim UC. Any thoughts welcomed.