Reply To: Value of Property


The trouble with this type of case is that it can carry on for years and the Upper Tribunal has pointed out that it can suit both parties to hang things out for years. So I would suggest that you write and suggest you will need to review the case in 6 months or a year. I am not sure what the case is anyway…no children, no interest etc, not married. The law was changed on this recently and even on marriage a 5 year short marriage the former partners leave on the terms when they started the marriage. The Land Registry restrictions will not usually last for long and they will usually refuse to extend unless there is a compelling case.