Reply To: Implementing a tribunal decision

Peter Barker

You can suspend or part-suspend HB in a case where an appeal is pending from the FtT to the UT. You can also suspend or part-suspend while it is still possible to appeal because you are considering obtaining an SOR, awaiting an SOR, or an SOR has already been issued, and the Council is pondering whether to appeal – see D&A Reg 11(3). It doesn’t seem to cover a case where you have an SOR and you are waiting to see whether DWP wants to appeal.

DWP can appeal – see para 8 of Schedule 7 to the CSP&SS Act 2000.