Reply To: Registered Provider for profit – SSEA or UCHCE?

Peter Barker

No, being an RP does not trump the requirement to be an HA, charity or voluntary organisation.

Registered HA and just plain HA are separately defined in HB Reg 2, and the two definitions have different jobs to do. A for-profit RP is not an HA, therefore cannot provide specified accommodation of any kind.