Reply To: Supported/Specified accommodation EHSL


To add to Leonad’s 2 pence worth;

You would need to understand the service that the landlord is offering and how it interacts with the regulated care commissioned to decide whether it provides support that is more than minimal. If you’re satisfied that it is and that the landlord condition is met, then it would be exempt accommodation and you would have to make a decision on the eligible rent, whilst still referring it to the rent officer for your subsidy calculation. Caselaw such as JD v Allerdale BC, DW v Oxford City Council and Wirral MBC v SIL should help.