Reply To: Mixed age couples

Peter Barker

If the older partner is on PC, and has been since May 2019, and they have been a couple since then, the older partner can make a new HB claim.

Legal refs for this are Article 4 of the WRA 2012 No 31 Order (SI 2019/37) and Reg 6A(5) of the UC (Transitional Provisions) Regs 2014.

The new HB claim must be made by the older partner.