Reply To: SEA in Guest House

Leonard Payne

Thanks Peter – Yes it could require a C3 or if larger than 5 residents, a sui generis. I’ve got a case at the moment of a C1 guest house that has been granted an HMO licence from the Private Sector Housing department. The council is using an Article 4 in planning to ban any further applications for a change of use to C3 or larger so interesting times.