Reply To: Probate not applied for

John Boxall
Participant

well, we asked for the information and he hasnt provided it, even after getting an overpayment letter advisinfg if he provided details of will/ probate/ valueof property/ any debts secured on it we’d reconsider/ apply unent etc – nothing

The proerty is still being remnted out with him named as the landlord – £1950 a month on the most recent tenancy – – so i think an adverse inference that, in the absnse of any other info, he is the sole beneficiarie and that , even if he isnt the sole beneficiary, his share is worth £16k+

Land registry doesnt show any charges on the property which O think it would do if any equity release had been agreed. Property is still i dads name almost 5 years after his death…..

I do wonder if this should be referred either directly or via SFIS to HMRC?

Firstly there may well be a Inheritance Tax Liability on the estate which clearly hasnt been declared and secondly there is the question of the income from letting.

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery. The blossom is blighted, the leaf is withered, the god of day goes down upon the dreary scene, and—and in short you are for ever floored.

Wilkins Micawber, Ch12 David Copperfield