Reply To: Temporary Accommodation – Cell 23? (NEC)


Hello – if they’re council owned properties – so not held on a lease/licence – then they’re not subject to the subsidy cap rules and so you can claim 100% subsidy back on them. The ones captured by the cap are those specifically listed in Section 17, 17A, 17B and 17C of the Income-related benefit order (subsidy to authorities).

Your council owned stock falls outside of this.

They would only go into Cell 023 though if they’re non-HRA council owned properties – so aren’t included in the housing revenue account. If they are included in the revenue account then they should fall into Cell 055 and Cell 061