Reply To: Determining the Tenancy Type


IMO question 1 is whether the claimant has a Housing Authority rent account, and if so, whether it’s HRA. Your Housing department will know.

(Here at Darkside our main short-term homeless units are HRA.)

As already stated, if the charity collects the rent you’ll need to establish the Private Tenant type in the normal way – are they an RSL, are they actually providing the care (or is Social Services providing it?) etc.