Reply To: Disregard of capital to buy new home


So to clarify, if a clmt divorcing her former partner has a sum of capital from the sale of the joint marital home but has had to move into rented accommodation until a suitable property can be found, can this capital be disregarded or should the purchase already be under way once the sale of her former home has been completed?  And if it CAN be disregarded while she looks for a suitable property, what evidence would she need to provide that she is looking for one for it be disregarded for an HB application?