Reply To: disregarded income

Julian Hobson

I think the only way to properly resolve this is to find out from social services what the payment is made up of (how do they calculate it) on what basis is it paid (is it an allowance or a wage, is there any tax/NI and under what provision is it made, LA’s can’t just pay allowances to anyone they like for anything, there has to be some provision somewhere).

Armed with that I think you can make a proper decision