Reply To: Landlord is Local Authority


I don’t agree.

It’s only a Council tenancy (and hence a rent rebate) if the landlord is the Housing Department of the Council, acting in its capacity as Housing Authority.
If the landlord’s the Social Services Department acting as such, you should award a rent allowance.
Most of ours are referrable to the Rent Officer but you’d need to check whether any exemptions apply.

We actually pay them by BACS – the bank’s computer gets to transfer the money from one Council account to another – completely separate from the computer interface that pays our thousands of HRA and non-HRA rebate claims.