Reply To: Landlord residing in the dwelling


Who is responsible for the Council Tax – if the son it is a tacit admission he is resident and yes.

If mum & dad I think you need to look at his living arrangements elsewhere – if he is in a hotel/B&B/digs then probably yes. If he has a more permanent arrangement I think he would be more in the nature of a visitor in which case no.

It would also be an idea to look at the rent prior to 2004 if any was paid etc.