Reply To: Living in caravan in garden but claiming CTB on house


I agree with Peter that you should pay.

Under council tax law the “dwelling” for which he is liable includes the house, caravan, garden shed, garage, coal cellar, gazebo, folly, underground nuclear bunker and anything else within the curtilage.

Which bit of the dwelling the claimant chooses to sleep in is irrelevant. He occupies the dwelling.