Reply To: Modification of the AIF


I think the handbook refers to this one.
If the LA modify the AIf the appeal can be made to the LA against the modification only.
Taking account of the savings credit amount is classed as a modification.
You need to decide the real issue behind the appeal. Is it against the modification or the AIF or SC amount. If its the modification, it is within the LA’s jurisdiction. If its against the AIF or SC amount, it is outside the La’s jurisdiction and the appeal should be lodged with the Pension Service.
Section 10 and Appendix C refers