Reply To: New Claim for HB – Tax Credits in Payment – Should this be UC/HB?


No exceptions Jayne….every working age claimant must claim UC unless they are in an exempt group. She can of course just continue with tax credits and nothing else….then she will be moved over when other existing claims are moved across (including hb) …which is supposed to start in late 2019. Plus her cts is unaffected. But if she wants to claim help with rent….then her other route is UC. It might be that she is better off just staying on tax credits ….depending on her income and circs of course esp disabiliy