Reply To: partner subject to care order



I think you should first contact Social Services. My understanding of the Children Act (which is pretty minimal) is that they have a responsibility to provide accommodation either directly or via a third party which may be a family member or some other responsible person.

If this is right then having no problem does not enter into it, they have a statutory duty and if memory serves – parental responsibility – for any child subject to a care order.

If the partner is still subject to a care order my guess would be to exclude.