Reply To: recovery from partner


Has she requested that her Housing Benefit also be paid to her landlord?

You cannot recover the op from her Housing benefit, but you could invoice the landlord, and explain to them that they will be paid again for the same period once her claim is sorted out – I am assuming that it will run consecutively. Or recover via blameless tenant route from landlord aggregate cheque?

Or – you could write to her explain what has happened and ask her permission to recover the HB from the arrears of Hb credit that are going to be created. Although the legislation does not allow this – if she agrees then it should not be a problem.