Reply To: registered charity – do I refer


These are ‘new scheme’ cases treated under the normal rules – so yes – you do refer to the Rent Officer.

If care, support or supervision were provided they would be ‘old scheme’ cases with all the limitations on rent restrictions that go along with it. But even if this were the case these claims should still be referred to the Rent Officer – it’s just that the decision they give you will affect subsidy only and not the maximum rent.