Reply To: When to make a backdate decision?


Yes, I think you can pay the backdated claim.

The “claim for Backdating” can be granted for the period for which evidence has been supplied and then suspended. If the claimant does not supply the evidence needed for the “new” claim within a month then you can end the entitlement.

Not quite the same as making the new claim defective but the effect is much the same.