Discount CTR Schemes

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    John Smith
    Participant

Hi,

Is anyone prepared to disclose their LA uses a discount-style CTR scheme that is largely actioned on the Council Tax side of the computer system, rather than the Benefits side.

Thanks,

John

markg
    Participant
    John Smith
    Participant

Thanks a lot Mark,

John

Jon__Blackwell
    Participant

Basildon’s working-age scheme is a fairly typical income-grid setup which requires a detailed assessment of earned income, unearned income and capital. I’d have thought those processes would still sit more naturally in the benefits side but I don’t have any information on how they’ve implemented it behind the scenes.

markg
    Participant

I think at one point the Basildon scheme was being put forward (I wont say by who) as an example of a simple scheme whereby a customer (or claimant if you prefer) completes an online application form. That form is ‘consumed’ automatically by the back office processing system, on the council tax side, and auto-awards a certain % discount.

But looking at the CTR info on the Basildon website, the scheme sure does look like a ‘standard’ banded discount scheme.

Maybe the scheme was once simple, but is now not so simple. Or perhaps it was previously ‘over optimistically’ described. Not dissing Basildon here, just reporting my experience (albeit this was a good few years ago). There must surely be a scheme out there as simple as: ‘your income is £xx, that gives you yy% off your annual liability’. Perhaps there isn’t as nobody else has replied to this thread. Or perhaps there is, but they ain’t hbinfo subscribers!!!

John Smith
    Participant

Thanks Jon and Mark for your comments.

vickyconstable
    Participant

We went to a banded scheme this April – as far as we can see its not simple . its literally a ctrs scheme administered by the brave in the benefits system (acad) that fits into an income band to determine the award %

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.