general election and the Welfare State

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    peterdelamothe
    Keymaster

We are about to enter purdah.

Purdah bars civil servants from any act which clearly or directly conflicts with the stated intentional commitments (manifesto) of the Cabinet or Shadow Cabinet during the election campaign period.

So nothing new can be done now until after July 4th. I suspect that senior civil servants will be very careful now…they have been in the past.

It is noticeable that the Labour Party has said almost nothing about their plans for the welfare state and we will need to wait for their manifesto. They have never been committed to Universal Credit in the past but we will see. the Trades Union Congress is no fan and has called for it to be abolished. Similar comments can apply to Council Tax and only Wales (Labour controlled) have made significant changes and published a plan on further reform.

John Boxall
    Participant

Bring Back Council Tax Benefit as a National scheme, anyone?

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery. The blossom is blighted, the leaf is withered, the god of day goes down upon the dreary scene, and—and in short you are for ever floored.

Wilkins Micawber, Ch12 David Copperfield

nickkeogh
    Participant

Got enough workbooks to do audit-wise thank you very much

Kay_Tade
    Participant

The last 3 years I am guessing? 2, if you have been ok, and lucky!

peterdelamothe
    Keymaster

Last day for M.P.s. All gone…now just candidates.

Sad day for me to see some of these members of parliament stand down from Parlip. Harriet Harman was once Minister for the Welfare State including HB. I met her a couple of times.

Karen Buck Westminster North MP was one of my favs. She came to the hbinfo conference to speak once and I met her a number of times often with Ghita to talk about HB when she was the opposition lead. Long time ago now.

New generation will take over of course

nickkeogh
    Participant

deleted

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by nickkeogh.
    nickkeogh
    Participant

2021/22 still I’m afraid

nickkeogh
    Participant

2021/22 still I’m afraid – and modified scheme to boot

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.