Non Deps DLA paid into claimant bank account

Tagged: 

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sarahk76
    Participant

I have a work age claimant who has her Non Dependent’s PIP and her Dependents DLA being paid into her bank account and I need to determine how the balance in this account is calculated for capital purposes. As per HB(SPC) Reg 49 is it split into 3 despite the non Deps PIP being more than her Dependents DLA?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 10 months, 4 weeks ago by Sarahk76.
    Mike Hughes
    Participant

The dependents DLA belongs to the working age claimant. The attribution for PIP will depend on whether the Non-Dep has the claimant as an appointee or not.

However, both are income not capital. If you’re going to assert that they’re capital you will need to show that the money coming in has accrued and not been spent. A difficult task.

Sarahk76
    Participant

Thanks Mike.

Yes, she does appear to be the Non Deps appointee? She has now also transferred £6,000 from her account into the Non Dep’s account and I assume this is her calculation of how much she owes him? I’m still unsure how to assess the capital though?

Mike Hughes
    Participant

So both are income for the claimant. As I say turning that into an assertion of capital is not straightforward. You’d need to know where the capital came from as the claimant exceeded the lower and then upper capital limits and as it started accruing. Good luck 🙂

Sarahk76
    Participant

Thank you 😬

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.