Northgate tenancy type for RSL when ROD needed

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cheriehinchliffe
    Participant

We have a case where we have reviewed the support needs and contact logs of claimant and deemed that the support being provided is ‘not more than minimal’.

The landlord is RSL and the claim is currently logged on as PTEN HA. The claimant is on legacy benefit ESAIR+SC and can continue to claim housing benefit from our authority. The policy decision has been made that we need to refer the rent to the Rent Service and pay the claim based on their decision. This is a first for our authority and we do not know how to do this on Northgate.

Is there a way that we can keep as PTEN HA and create ROR on Victer?
    or do we have to change the tenancy type? If this is the case would we use PTEN ODRT?

We have the options of
    PTEN-HA (which is what it currently is) but would need to access VICTER ROR/ROD screens & do not currently know how to do this.
    PTEN-HAT
    PTEN-OAH
    PTEN-NHA

Andy Simpson
    Participant

Hi Cherie

It’s been a good few years since I worked in HB, but would it not be the PTEN-DRT tenancy type?

Andy Simpson
    Participant

Actually, thinking this through, if you have decided it is not exempt or managed accommodation it probably needs to be done as an ODRT claim as you suggested and that way the subsidy will be correct.

cheriehinchliffe
    Participant

Andy
    Thanks for your reply.

I’ve worked in benefits for 26 years and this is a first for me. I have managed to discuss with our Subsidy Officer who has worked in benefits for over 30 years, and we are going with PTEN – OHA as this is the RSL version of ODRT which is for private landlords.

We have now managed to get the ROR screen to come up on Northgate by using PTEN-OHA and can send a dummy ROR via victer, but we are not sure if we need to tick a REFER yes/no box on the rent screen. With or without this ticked you can access the ROR screens. We will have to wait until next subsidy run to see what, if any impact this has.

I will update this post in the new year which is when our next subsidy run is due to take place.

Cherie

cheriehinchliffe
    Participant

Andy
    Thanks for your reply.

I’ve worked in benefits for 26 years and this is a first for me. I have managed to discuss with our Subsidy Officer who has worked in benefits for over 30 years, and we are going with PTEN – OHA as this is the RSL version of ODRT which is for private landlords.

We have now managed to get the ROR screen to come up on Northgate by using PTEN-OHA and can send a dummy ROR via victer, but we are not sure if we need to tick a REFER yes/no box on the rent screen. With or without this ticked you can access the ROR screens. We will have to wait until next subsidy run to see what, if any impact this has.

I will update this post in the new year which is when our next subsidy run is due to take place.

Cherie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.