pre settled status – pensioner

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CJay100
    Participant

Hi – can i ask and would be grateful for help to clear this up – I have a person who now claims HB as a pensioner jan 23 – has been heer since oct 18 and awarded pre – settled status in sept 19. Can see evidence of employment which may add up to 12 months – has applied for SRP and PC since jan 23 but yet to be decided. Seems to have definitely continued to be here for over 3 years and advises is retiring but also trying to get some part time work. So, until any pension decision – i think it would be safe to decide has the right to reside nad can also apply for settled status in the coming period. I haven’t looked at a claim like for for many a time now and really rusty- and advice appreciated!

Peter Barker
    Keymaster

I agree with what you are hinting at: if he has retired from >= 12 months’ work due to becoming a pensioner after at least three years’ residence in the UK, he will have a permanent right to reside, which will tide him over until he upgrades to settled status later this year.

CJay100
    Participant

Peter- thank you kindly for your intervention. I will be applying an assessment and wait for any NEW decision regarding pension entitlement.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.