2012/13 Subsidy ..Cell 60.

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    keith j
    Participant

Cell 60 of the 2012/13 Subsidy Return reads thus:-
    “Enter all expenditure for affordable rents for properties in the HRA. Affordable Rents being rents charged on properties under DCLG’s Affordable Rents programme, and are part of the authority’s scheme which has been approved by either the HCA or GLA”

Probably a silly question but what are “affordable rents” in the context of Council owned properties, and are they different to the good old “HRA Rent Rebate expenditure” we have all come to know and love?

Anonymous

I assume this refers to the new style tenancies registered providers will be able to offer, in exchange for being allowed to borrow money to build new homes. As I understand it they won’t be able to build new homes in future unless they fund the expenditure out of revenue. Landlords are therefore offering tenancies at a higher rent (set at 80% of market rent – hence affordable!) which are apparently eligible for HB.

keith j
    Participant

Thanks Chris, makes sense

petersmith
    Participant

The DWP definition (see below) of Cell 60 contained in the 2012/13 Final Subsidy Claim – “Enter all expenditure for affordable rents for properties in the HRA.” Does anyone know specifically which expenditure this cell is referring to?

“Total expenditure on affordable rents
    Enter all expenditure for affordable rents for properties in the HRA.
    Affordable Rents being rents charged on properties under DCLG’s
    Affordable Homes programme, and are part of the authority’s scheme which
    has been approved by either the HCA or GLA; or those which are levied
    against new housing which have been funded, in agreement with DCLG, by
    receipts from Right to Buy.”

keith j
    Participant

I believe (I may be misremembering though), that your Housing Section would have been registered with the DCLG under the “Affordable Housing Scheme” if this applies to you. You would be as well to ask them if they are.

The following link may explain a bit:-

http://www.homesandcommunities.co.uk/ourwork/national-affordable-housing-programme

DPAZNCC3
    Participant

Am i right in assuming then that the LA ‘s housing provider must identify the specific properties concerned in order that assessors can record these claims under a certain claim type, so that their expenditure is correctly recorded at cell 60?
    And for Nothgate sites how do you identify/input such claims ?

Any advice appreciated ?

Anonymous

I thought we weren’t required to fill in this cell this year anyway. No doubt when we are NG will provide yet another tenure type for it!

DPAZNCC3
    Participant

Phew ! My report says NIL value for cell 60 and thats what i’d submit – i was just a bit concerned i may have missed a trick around input of those claim types which is obviously not going on yet in my LA.

Cheers ChriS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.