A10/2007 – clarification please

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jayne-T
    Participant

Can I just clarify this circular please? The DWP’s attempt at plain english has my head in a spin 😯

The part of final earnings is basically just saying that any final earnings (holiday pay etc) which someone receives is ignored from 1 October 2007 provided employment ceased before entitlement to HB/CTB commenced. The regs for any income from SSP, SMP, etc and employer equivalents remain unchanged (i.e. they are still taken into account)

Is this correct?

jerikaz
    Participant

That is my understanding – and I agree that the explanation of this by the DWP on the circular beggars belief!

DJM
    Participant

That’s how I read it too – although I had to read the wretched thing half a dozen times before I came to that conclusion! 🙄

andyrichards
    Participant

At least I can say that I can tell my PILON from my PILOR.

Did anyone manage to get the obscure point they were making about Reg 7 (8) whilst we’re on the subject?

andyrichards
    Participant

That’s Reg 7 (para eight) I’m talking about! For some reason that number which falls between 7 and 9 is generating an emoticon!

David
    Participant

Isn’t this the extension of the payment of HB before occupation?

Currently, if HB is in payment, then only if a property is being adapted for disabled person can payment be made on 2 homes. The change extends this to the 3 possibilities where payment can be made before occupation -provided HB is not currently in payment.

Kevin D
    Participant

The change to HBR 7(8 ) doesn’t change the “policy intention” (grrrr!!!)

This earlier thread covers the issue that the DWP has now addressed:

https://hbinfo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8472

Darren Broughton
    Participant

I read it to mean that the amendment removes the requirement for a claim to be made (i.e. a claim form submitted) in those prescribed circumstances

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.