A11 / 2011 – enhanced disability premium

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steve Anning
    Participant

Quote Para 4 A11 / 2011

Enhanced Disability Premium – Run On

“There is provision in regulations for an Enhanced Disability Premium (EDP) to be awarded for a period of 8 weeks following the death of a child or young person in respect of whom the premium was awarded. Relevant regulations have been amended to make explicit that this EDP run-on applies whether it is the claimant or the partner who was receiving Child Benefit”.

Probably, it’s just me being a bit dim. I’ve no problem with this now being applied to Clmt or partner BUT can someone guide me to where it states NOW that the EDP has an 8 week run on? – I cannot see any such provision within schedule 3 Para 15 – should I be looking elsewhere?

thanks

andyrichards
    Participant

It is Para 15(1A). If the child dies the qualifying condition for the EDP passes from receipt of DLA to receipt of child benefit, and child benefit continues for 8 weeks after the death of the child. The para in Circ A11 does not explain this very well!

Steve Anning
    Participant

Thanks Andy. I think the problem might be that I seem to have completely missed the March SI that inserted Para 1A and also overlooked part of Circ A8 !!! :glasses: :glasses: :glasses:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.