Applying for NINO

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #22720

    Hi, I have a client who at present is a single claimant getting partial HB/CTB as she works.

    Her partner who does not live with her at present may be coming to live with her.

    He is suject to immigration control and has applied to the Home Office for leave to remain.

    In light of SSWP v Wilson (2006) EWCA Civ 882 it seems to suggest, to me any way, that he could apply for a nino. and therefore be a partner on her claim.

    Is this the case? Can he apply for a nino? Job Centre said no and I’m confused.


    Yes he can.
    Get in touch with your liaison officer who should know that NINOs have to be issued to partners of HB claimants 8)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.