Backdating pension credits post Oct 2004 and VF

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kazzaj
    Participant

Scenario – pensioner claim post Oct 2004 and looking at backdating 12 months – have proof of current income (no pension credits at all so no AIF) which includes an occupational pension that is updated annually. Current proof of income is at VF standard. We know that customer would have been entitled for the previous 12 months.

Is everyone asking for proof of occ pen, capital etc to VF standard relevant to the whole of the previous 12 months or accepting what current evidence we hold for the whole period? Or alternatively is a lower standard of evidence being accepted for the backdated period?

Apologies if the above seems garbled, my excuse is this is my first posting and I was out celebrating (maybe to much) the festive season this weekend 😕

Any advice would be much appreciated.

jerikaz
    Participant

We have decided to request evidence for the past period to the same standard as the current period – to ensure that VF requirements are met and to ensure entitlement to benefit for the whole of the period. No evidence = no entitlement.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.