Continuous Cruiser

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #39548

    We have a claim from a customer who lives on a narrowboat as a continuous cruiser, the claim is in respect of his Craft Licence fee only and we are happy that we are able to award HB in respect of this.

    Have any other northgate users set up continuous cruisers as a property? How did you deal with the full address details, e.g. did you have to include a postcode? How did you deal with getting notification letters to the customer? Were there any other problems?


    You just have to get your Revenues section to set up the “property” on the C/Tax database (we call them H/B Name of Boat). They may become liable for council tax, which is a bit of a shock. Presumably he’s put a c/o address on his application form. The issue for me is, how do you know when he’s cruised out of your area?


    We’ve also set up the Grand Union Canal as a ‘street’, in order to create the various boats as properties on it. And we just hope that if the cruiser leaves the area, he remembers to tell us (or it comes up as an HBMS match if he claims elsewhere as well)


    Thanks for responses guys

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.