Contrived tenancy?

  • This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #21547

    Hope someone out there can help with our dilemma.
    We have a private tenant claim, the claimant on 28.05.08 brought a house and took out a £97,000 mortgage. On 25.07.08 he moved to another Private tenancy. The house he owns he brought from his father who is now claiming HB at another address. The house he owns apparently has family in who pay rent just to cover the mortgage. We think the house was signed over and the money paid privately as there seems to be no formal record of the sale. Fraud are lookiing into the fathers claim, however we do not want to pay the claimants HB as he owns a property he could be living in. We are not sure which Regs we can use to turn down his HB claim. Can we do it under contrived tenancy?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.