Extended Payments – partner in employment joins household

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #23455

    The claimant has been in receipt of I.S for more than 26 weeks and therefore is entitled to the 4 run on. However, her partner has joined the household which has cancelled her entitlement to I.S.

    Is she entitled to the 4 week run on as the partner is working or is this just classed as a change in circumstances?


    No, I don’t think she’s entitled to extended payments. The Schedule 7 of the Regs requires that:

    “entitlement to income support … had ceased by reason of the claimant or his partner-
    (i) commencing employment as an employed or self employed earner; or
    (ii) increasing their earnings from such employment; or
    (iii) increasing the number of hours worked in such employment”

    In this case none of the above apply; the reason IS has stopped is because a partner has moved in with her.


    Agree with this analysis. But have encountered cases where claimant’s state they were advised by DWP (presumably fraud officers at interview/visit?) that they’d qualify for an EP. Therefore, although what you have is a change of circs. these days, if you have drawn an adverse inference and nilled their claim they’d have good grounds for revision and /or backdating. At the very least you’d find it very difficult to disprove them.

    Do I know what I'm doing? The jury's out on that........................

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.