Foreign student in household

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #31542

    Claimant has a foreign student staying with her for 10 months. During this period she was paid Child Benefit in respect of them.

    The assessor has included her as a dependant on the claim because of this.

    The claimant also receives a payment from the language school of £200 per month in respect of the student. The language school have stated in writing that this money is for food only and the care she provides is on a voluntary basis.

    We have included the £200 as income from a boarder which I believe is incorrect as she cannot be a boarder and a dependant and the payment are not made by the student herself, on a commercial basis.

    The claimant is unhappy with us taking the money into account at all.

    I cannot see anything in the schedule which says that we can disregard it unless we can call her a volunteer. To be classed as a volunteer does the work have to be for a registered charity?

    Does anyone have any ideas on how we should treat this?

    Thanks 😀


    Best point out I have just realised claimant is a pensioner…..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.