HB Overpayment being recovered on behalf of LA – Customer disputes

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #39036

    For those of you who recover HB overpayments on behalf of another authority from ongoing entitlement in your own area……….

    What do you do if the customer contacts you absolutely furious and claims that the OP is wrong and a number of other things as well as this.

    I have advised the customer to speak to the LA who raised the OP and I have been in touch with them as well. Still waiting for more information at the moment.

    But I am stuck in the middle and the customer is threatening to go to the papers etc – even if the information provided confirms for me that all is correct with the assessment of the OP etc. I am not sure that I want to have to worry about the customer who is very very angry

    what would you do??? :~

    John Boxall

    It seems to me that as the overpayment has been raised by a third party – the other authority, that in the first instance the customer should contact the other authority directly.

    If they then make a valid request for revision/appeal then the correct approach would be to stop the recovery action until such time as the matter is resolved.

    It may also be advisable to carry out some basic checks of the other authority’s administration of the OP, just to make sure that it all appears to be in order as there end.

    Advise the customer of this in writing, then if he goes to the papers/ombudsman you have covered all your bases.

    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery. The blossom is blighted, the leaf is withered, the god of day goes down upon the dreary scene, and—and in short you are for ever floored.

    Wilkins Micawber, Ch12 David Copperfield

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.