Homeless Accomodation

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #40065

    If a claimant is housed by the homeless unit in private accomodation (not RSL) with no licence or lease agreement and meals are provided are we right in referring these cases to the rent officer and if no meals provided we pay on LHA


    Is it a rebate or an allowance (i.e. who is the claimant paying rent to?)


    It is rent allowance

    chris harvey

    You need to check it is not classed as exempt accommodation (providing care support or supervision and landlord is a charity/voluntary/not for profit organisation).
    If it is exempt accommodation it is referrable to the Rent Officer irrespective of the meals position and the ROD used to set your subsidy, but you may have to pay more depending on vulnerability issues.
    If is not exempt accommodation, as you say it will be LHA without meals and Rent Officer with meals (ROD fixes the eligible rent)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.