Ineligible Claims and Stats124

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pdeans
    Participant

Hi,

We are a Northgate site and have recently been instructed not to process claims that are over the capital threshold as ineligible, as the decision notice tells the claimant they are not entitled but lists their capital as nil which can be quite confusing for them.

The alternative is that we have been advised to process these claims as NEW, however, I’m wondering how any other northgate users handle this? Would you process this as a full claim or do you only put in the capital details. I realise we would have to put in the tenancy type so that it can be recorded correctly for stats 124, but for private rent allawance cases would we still have to send a rent referral to the RO?

Anonymous

Well although we are not a northgate site we would process any claim where it was known that the claim would result in nil entitlement immediately without asking for any further documentation (whats the point if at the date the claim is made you know they will not qualify).

Secondly regarding rent allowance claims we do not refer these claims to the rent office s you know that a rent allowance will not be award. REG 14(1) (a) states

14. Requirement to refer to rent officers

(1) Subject to the following provisions of this regulation, a relevant authority shall apply to a rent officer for a determination to be made in pursuance of the Housing Act functions where—
    (a) it has received a claim on which [b:d4eaf952c2]rent allowance may be awarded[/b:d4eaf952c2]; or

In the case of someone claiming benefit and having over £16000 in capital we would enter only the capital and no other details regard income etc and sent the claimant a letter stating they do not qualify as their capital is too high

Hope this helps

pdeans
    Participant

Thanks Chris,

Am I right in thinking that these types of claims should be recorded as Unsuccessful claims without all info for stats 124 (item 2b)?

Anonymous

After a frantic search of the office for a copy of this years MIS guide. I will stick my neck out and say yes.

Although I will be the first to stress that I am no expert when it comes to the stats returns.

I hope someone else with more knowledge of these returns can confirm this.

pdeans
    Participant

Great, thanks for you help.

I will assume we are right on this until someone tells us otherwise……………!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.