LAIDs and LACIs received on or after 01042013

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    guy
    Participant

Will any LAID or LACI received (uploaded) on or after require a short Council Tax Reduction claim form? I assume that this could be the case if we decide that the LAID or LACI, in itself is no a proper claim for CTR. Depending on the wording of your local scheme (a term that will become common place on these message boards) it is only "an application for a reduction" if they confirm they wish to claim CTR.

Alternatively, if the claim for national associated HB is connected to an earlier pre 01/04/2013 date of claim for their successful primary Income Support, JSA(IB), ESA(IR) or Pension Credit that also triggers a national CTB claim, do we need to issue short CTS claim forms straightaway or only when the date the claim is treated as made is 01/04/2013 or later?    

LouP
    Participant

I would say transition for any received pre 1.4.13 and acquire verbal confirmation of a desire to claim for 1.4.13 onwards.

I worry about the owner occs where no LAID/LACI will be forthcoming yet we have been trying hard to train them all that they do not need to claim at two offices only to now say actually that is exatly what you must do. A generous approach will be needed. Incidentally I have been trying in vain for 3 months to find out from our local DWP colleagues exactly what, if any changes have been or will be made to their LAID/LACI scripts in respect of CTR. Am now assuming the worst!

guy
    Participant

Lou,
    I concur with your interpretation. May be different for other England authorities depending on their CTR or CTS scheme. According to an earlier post by Peter De La Mothe we may get some sort of notification for the owner occupiers but have not seen anything from DCLG yet.

RobBox
    Participant

A4/2013 just landed in my in-tray. “Unanswered” and “Don’t Know” will now feature heavily in LACI / LAID’s :((

LouP
    Participant

Yes Rob. I actually felt quite excited until I got the the appendices 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.