Mesne profit?

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #57809
    neil watkin

    We have a case where the housing association have ceased a tenancy on property and we have ceased housing benefit in turn.

    The tenant continues to occupy the property and the housing association are now charging the tenant what they term as £35 a day ‘damages due to trespass’

    Is this a rent?

    Is this mesne profits and eligible for Housing Benefit?

    Andy Thurman

    I don't know how that relates to the usual rent for the property? If it is the same, I would pay it in full (less any ineligible amounts – who is paying for the elec/gas etc.?) – if higher you may need to look at an "unreasonably high" decision but would approach the HA first.


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.