More Spin!

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #43845
    twill
    Participant
    #124559
    RobBox
    Participant

    …..I am getting dizzy! 8)

    #124563
    peterdelamothe
    Keymaster

    Well if 54% are fine, then what about the other 46%? How many millions is that I wonder….

    #124567
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Not only was this research carried out before the pilot started there is a world of difference between getting your HB paid to you, as a discrete amount, and getting a payment of UC (a month in arrears) out of which you have to separate your rent.

    #124652
    RobBox
    Participant

    The Andrew Marr show this morning……….IDS really, really believes every word of it :((

    #124672
    Anonymous
    Guest

    This has been taking out of context, as it is talking about a dog track, but it shows you the mentality of IDS.

    So he takes risks and doesn’t listen to the concerns of his officials.

    “During the radio interview, IDS said: “I’ve been Secretary of State for a while. I tell you, you make tough decisions and sometimes officials tell you that this might happen but you say ‘well lots of things might happen but I tell you what will happen, I’m going to make a decision here’ and that’s what it takes to be in charge and be leader.

    “And sometimes you have to take a few risks but, honestly, people who live in the Walthamstow area are deeply, deeply disappointed in yesterday’s decisions and I am absolutely furious.”

    #124676
    Andy Thurman
    Keymaster

    “Only around a quarter (24%) of people surveyed reported that they would need support if HB were to be paid directly to them”

    Only??? Just 1 in 4! Obviously recrutiment for the small number of Financial Support Officers required for this insignificant minority will be well under way….

    #124670
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    While we’re on the topic of spin, did anyone read this little gem from Lord Freud…

    http://www.dwp.gov.uk/newsroom/ministers-speeches/2012/31-10-12.shtml

    I particularly enjoyed his comment that “nationally the majority of landlords, 77 per cent, said they intend to continue letting to Housing Benefit tenants.” which he seems to think is good figure!!!

    #124694
    Lee Fearon
    Participant

    [quote=Andy Thurman]”Only around a quarter (24%) of people surveyed reported that they would need support if HB were to be paid directly to them”

    Only??? Just 1 in 4! Obviously recrutiment for the small number of Financial Support Officers required for this insignificant minority will be well under way….[/quote]

    Yes, Andy and people telling DWP it would be OK if their HB was paid directly to them, doesn’t necessarily mean that they’d use it to pay their rent.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.