New backdating rule from October 2004

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Laura Moore
    Participant

The DWP sent a letter to Local Authorities on 17/3/04, stating that when the ‘take-on’ period came to an end on 5/10/04, all pensioners who claimed Pension Credit after that date would receive entitlement as if they had claimed 12 months earlier. This was to be complemented by equivalent changes to the HB/CTB regs.

I have emailed Paul Howarth, to ask when this amendment to the regs will happen and a circular will be issued. I’m waiting for a reply from him.

Has anyone heard any news about this that has passed me by?

julie lankshear
    Participant

there was a fleeting mention of this in HB Direct 30 – Paul Howarth promises more info shortly

Darren Broughton
    Participant

Has anyone heard anything more about this? I’ve not missed anything yet have I? ❓

Anonymous

how bizarre!! I am in the middle of developing some promotional literature for CTB for pensioners and was just wondering whether anything had come out yet “officially” on backdating from Oct 04 onwards. I looked on this board and hey presto! the topic was the top of the list!! Spooky!

I am hoping the legislation comes out soon but haven’t heard anything yet.
    I wait with bated breath!

Anonymous

Read this posting yesterday and came across a site today which provides some update on this. Hope it helps:

[url]www.rightsnet.org.uk[/url]

Darren Broughton
    Participant

Thanks Lynne,

Do you mean SI 1821-2004?

We had a look at this to see if it changes HB regs (or the Social Security regs relating to HB) but found that it doesn’t.

Anonymous

Sorry yes, i just realised that Darren when I was looking into it.

Worth a try but let me know if you are any further forward. I will keep researching!

🙂

Laura Moore
    Participant

I had an email response on behlaf of Paul Howarth, in August, advising that they were in the process of amending the regs and a circular would be issued as soon as this had been done. Nothing seems to have appeared yet though…

Anonymous

New SI has now appeared:

[url]http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2004/20042303.htm[/url]

It also tidies up the anomaly about people who first became entitled during the year beginning 6 October 03 for some reason other than turning 60. In these new Regs, you have up to 12 months to claim HB/CTB from when you first satisfy the entitlement conditions for any reason.

simondoyle
    Participant

Give clarification of the new statutory instrument. I found the circular on rightsnet.org. Click on the link below.

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/pdfs/HBCTB_A29_2004.doc

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.