NEW CLAIM FOR HB/CTB – PROVISIONAL AWARD FOR 04/05

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Angeline Smith
    Participant

I hope this hasn’t already been covered but I hope a kind sole can help.

I have a new claim for HB/CTB to be paid from 26.07.04. The Tax Credit details she has provided for 04/05 are provisional. Should I be using this provisional award? I’m sure I should……………………

[/b]

Anonymous

Yes you should but only if she has the notification letter.

Anonymous

Sorry to disagree but we phone IR and use our worksheet to obtain details of provisional awards as they dont issue award letters in these cases.

I can send you our worksheet if you are interested?

Anonymous

Hi Lynn

I hate to be cheeky but could you send me a copy of your worksheet please.

E-mail: m.cole@npt.gov.uk

LindaL
    Participant

I thought you only used award letters that were numbered A, C or D. If they had any other letter on you did not use them. A is a finalised award, a change of circs will generate a C award and D is a provisional award.

Anonymous

Hi Lindal, I have never heard of that? Can you direct me to guidance regarding these letters used on notices?

I see D refers to provisional awards, however, I was under the impression that in these cases award notices were rarely issued and therefore we had to contact IR in such cases to obtain details.

LindaL
    Participant

Hi Lynn

This info was provided in the DWP’s General Info BulletinHB/CTB G3/2004 on 17.6.04. You can access it here:

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/housingbenefit/news/newsletter/bulletins.asp

Linda

lesleymain
    Participant

Lynn

The D award letters are for provisional awards (which wouldn’t have been notified by letter) which have been amended with a change of circs this financial year – however the actual annual award has not been finalised yet.

Simple really eh!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.