‘no recourse’ partner coming to UK – affect claimant’s CTB?

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #23370

    We have a claimant who is thinking about whether to
    apply for his wife to get leave to enter the UK to live here with him. He is
    currently a sole tenant on JSA who gets maximum HB/CTB. If she is given
    leave to remain in the UK she would almost certainly not have any
    entitlement to means tested benefits. He would remain the sole tenant (they would not become joint tenants) but obviously they would have joint C Tax liability. My interpretation of the regulations is that he would continue to be entitled to the same maximum amount of HB/CTB as before. Does anyone agree/disagree?



    Assuming the wife has no income and/or capital of her own, I agree – although he would of course lose his 25% SPD.


    I agree too!

    Andy Shanks

    While the liability will change as the 25% discount will end, if he continues to be entitled to max CTB ,then while the CTB will have to be adjusted to take into account the new liability the claimant will not have anything to pay.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.