Non Dependent student

  • This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #38763

    Should a full time student who is living away from home whilst studying be included on their parents HB/CTB claim.

    A lady is making a claim for HB and CTB for a 3 bedroom property, which is privately rented.

    She makes her claim on the basis that she is a single parent in receipt of I.S. She has a 13 year old son and a daughter who is 20. The daughter is studying at Uni and is living in shared rented accommodation close to her University.

    My question is should the daughter be included on her mother’s benefit claim?

    Any help would be appreciated as we have a difference of opinion.


Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.