Norweigan national split from UK ptnr

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #39131

    Hello all – some help would be much appreciated. I think I know what the answer will be but would like to be certain. I am looking for a way to pay this cutomer but I am not sure there is a way if I am honest.

    She is a Norweigan national with a son who is 11 years old. The son is a Norweigan passport holder, he is in full time education. The father of her son is a UK national, he is in receipt of Income Support and HB/CTB.

    They seperated 7 or 8 years ago and as a result the clmt and her son moved to Spain. She has lived there with her son since then and was a worker whilst in Spain. The clmt lost her job in Spain back in May/June and so decided to move to the UK to look for work.

    She is having some issues with her NINO and her JSA claim at present(sorry I dont know why she has these issues).

    I know she can not even get passed the NINO requirement test just yet. However, if and when she is allocated her NINO is there any way she can derive her rights of residence from her UK national ptnr and/or child in education??

    I know that Zambrano does not apply as the child is a Norweigan national, I was not sure about Ibrahim/Teixeira as the father is in receipt of Income Support and has been for a number of years.

    I do feer for her if I am honest.

    Thanks in advance – Mike


    Ibrahim and Teixeira wont kick in as the child will not be a child of an EU migrant worker unless the mother has worked.

    I cant see a way she would be eligible at the moment unfortunately.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.